To be admitted into the B.Sc. Mathematics programme, a candidate is expected to possess at least one of the following:
- Five (5) credit passes in Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or at the School Certificate (SC), General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level, National Examinations Council (NECO) or 6 merit passes in National Board for Technical Education (NABTEB) or Teachers Grade Two Certificate (TC II) examinations. The credit passes must include Mathematics and Physics. Credit pass in English language is required.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced level in Mathematics and Physics for entry into 200 level of the programme.
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) with merit passes in Mathematics and Physics or Physics and Chemistry and other Mathematics combination at NCE Certificate for entry into 200 level of the programme
- National Diploma (N.D.) in the Mathematical sciences or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by Senate for entry into 200 level of the programme.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent qualification in any physical science from an institution recognized by Senate for entry into 200 level of the programme.
Note: All direct entry candidates must satisfy the ordinary level requirement.