National Open University Of Nigeria, Special Study Centre For NSCDC Sauka Abuja
The National Open University Special Study Centre for the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps, (NSCDC) was established in June 2010 through an active collaboration between the Corps and the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) which was made possible by the past Commandant General of the Corps, Dr. Ade John Abolurin OFR.
The Corps appointed a desk officer, in person of Assistant Commandant. A.M Isimi, (ACC) to oversee the affairs of the Centre. One of the objectives for the establishment of the Centre is to bridge the need of corps personnel with the interest of improving their educational status to meet up with work demands and career aspirations. This is not limited to corps personnel alone but to sister agencies within the environs and the immediate host community.
In August 2010 an Assistant Registrar Mrs. Marian Adeyanju, was redeployed from the Abuja Study Centre by the National Open University of Nigeria to the Centre, and shortly a Senior Secretarial Assistant II HannatuYakubu Lame (Mrs.) was also deployed to join her in the administrative affairs of the study Centre.
Subsequently, the study Centre was officially commissioned on Tuesday 31st August, 2010 by Capt Emmanuel Ihenacho, the former Minister of Interior.
Shortly after the commissioning, a substantive Centre Director, in person of Prof. I S. Dongs serving corps personnel was appointed by the Commandant General in December 2010 to pilot the affairs of the Centre.
At inception, a total number of 36 students were admitted and their studies started in earnest. It is noteworthy to mention that the former Commandant General of the corps, Dr. Ade Abolurin, was one of those students admitted. As a mark of growth and development, the student’s population has risen from 36 students in 2010 to about 1,400 students in 2017.
Although notwithstanding the present students’ population, the stated number represents only students who registered the Centre as their contact point. During examinations, the Centre due to its security guaranteed environment and it being away from residential and commercial facilities which may distract concentration attract more students from other centers as venue for examinations.This in turn triples the number during such season and with the cooperation of the corps in the provision of adequate space for examination, this challenge is considerably tackled.
The National Open University of Nigeria has greatly supported the Centre through the provision of learning facilities and other equipment to aid in the operations of the Centre.
The Special Study Centre for Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps is situated along NnamdiAzikwe International Airport Road at the Civil Defence Academy, Sauka Abuja.
- Prof. Iliya S. Dongs Center Director
- Adeyanju Marian Olubunmi Principal Assistant Registrar
- Ayonote Williams Elenode Principal Database Administrator
- Dr. OdeniyiOlujinmi Adebayo Senior Counsellor
- TalatuMshelia Assistant Registrar
- OjadonorUnuwhezi Jimmy Librarian II
- FAYOMI Omoyeni Catherine Senior Accountant
- Jarikre Cynthia Uwomano Administrative Officer I
- Umar BasiraIsah Administrative Officer I
- Okwuagwu Paul Store Officer I
- Charles OlumideOsiji Senior Executive Officer (Account)
- Olulesho, Olufunke Mabel Database Administrator II
- Ibrahim Andrew Administrative Officer II
- Nebath Dora Administrative Officer II
- Animashaun Mariam Adebimpe Accountant II
- Sarah Ritman Kassem Confidential Secretary II
- Mene Josephine
- Musa Asiya Assistant Executive Officer
- Yohanna Iliya
- Musa Ibrahim
- Nwamini Chinwe Precious
- Olabiyi Timilehin Emmanuel
- Samson Hussein
- Shuaibu Haruna
- Mohammed Ali