Literature in Northern Nigeria Conference, 2017 - Call for Papers (CfP)
The National Open University of Nigeria will host the 11th Literature in Northern Nigeria Conference, jointly organized in the past by Bayero University, Kano, and Kwara State University, Malete. The conference will hold from 28 – 31 August, 2017, at the National Open University of Nigeria, Jabi, Abuja.
The theme of this year’s conference is: LITERATURE AND CONTEMPORARY DEVELOPMENTS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA.
The sub-themes are:
- Emerging Trends in Northern Nigerian Short Stories
- Poetry and Contemporary Developments in Northern Nigerian Literature
- Orality and Modernism in Northern Nigerian Literature
- Children’s Literature in Contemporary Northern Nigeria
- New Voices in Northern Nigerian Literature
- Non-Fiction in contemporary Northern Nigeria
- Theatre and Performing Arts in contemporary Northern Nigeria
- Literature and Social Media in Northern Nigeria
- Contemporary New Readings of Literature in Northern Nigeria
- Indigenous Languages and Contemporary Literature in Northern Nigeria
Deadline for submission of Abstracts is Sunday, 30th April, 2017. For further details, please contact any of the following email addresses and phone numbers:
Tel.: (+234) 803 702 4761 Tel.: (+234) 703 509 8054 Tel.: (+234) 703 918 1972